Netfirms Publishes 40-page Print-edition of
Web Hosting Reference Guide
Free starter kit helps springboard new customers to a website
- May 1, 2006 - Web hosting company Netfirms, Inc. today introduced its Web Hosting Reference Guide, a 40-page printed book given free to new hosting customers. Unprecedented in the industry, the hard-copy Reference Guide is intended as both a starter guide, and a long-lasting reference manual.
"We're proud to be able to give this valuable book for free to our customers," said Jason Matheson, Product Manager, Netfirms, "It gives both step-by-step how-tos, as well as 'layman' explanations of technical concepts. The Reference Guide is yet another element in our commitment to providing our customers with everything they need to launch and maintain successful websites."
Topics covered in the manual include:
- Getting started with web hosting
- How to build a website
- Creating a personal or business blog
- Getting started with e-commerce
- Registering a domain name and domain management
- Configuring e-mail accounts and using WebMail
- Enhancing a site with Open Source software
- Website management: FTP, SSH
- Databases: MySQL, phpMyAdmin
- Advanced features: scripting, custom error pages, SSL
- And more
The Web Hosting Reference Guide is a key element in the Netfirms Website Starter Kit — which includes the Guide, a free Netfirms t-shirt, and the Netfirms Starter CD 2.0. Recently updated, the Starter CD now includes a fully licensed copy of web design software NetObjects Fusion 8 (retail value $189). Among other new features, Fusion 8 has powerful new e-commerce capabilities — setting up a Web Store now takes only minutes, and Fusion's E-commerce Catalog Properties Editor makes adding products much easier than with typical e-commerce software.
Netfirms, Inc., founded in 1998, is the premier provider of web hosting solutions and technology to successful small and medium-sized businesses, home office, entrepreneurs and individuals worldwide. Netfirms hosts over 1,200,000 websites, delivering trust, quality, and reliability each and every day. With offices in the U.S. and Canada, Netfirms is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world.
- 30 -
Christopher Hebert, Marketing Manager